Lustra European Hard Finishing Wax – (7 LB) Trade Size
Trade Tins must ship by UPS or Fed Ex Ground. For trade tins, you must select UPS or Fed Ex Home for shipping.
Click here for Lustra Brochure
LUSTRA, A FINE EUROPEAN, HARD FINISHING WAX.
LUSTRA is a premium blend of carnauba wax & beeswax suspended in a solvent called Toluene, a petroleum distillate. Carnauba wax is one of the hardest waxes known and is made from the leaves of the carnauba palm. The softer beeswax is the residue of the honeycomb obtained after the honey is extracted. This unique combination of hard & soft waxes makes an easily applied product that amateur and untrained users can utilize to achieve fast & easy near professional results on all wood surfaces. The unique deep luster sheen of a LUSTRA finish results from light being refracted from the surface of the object & through the thin coating of the two combined waxes. The deep lustrous beauty of this finish will always elicit questions from first time seers like: “How did you get that look?” The answer is in the little orange can!*
Lustra is made in England in the same time honored tradition as the premier polish Briwax, and of the same blend of the finest natural carnauba and bees waxes. Lustra is formulated by one of Europe’s premier makers of fine furniture waxes and developed for Lustersheen to be above the best.
Lustra emulates the “premier” polish Briwax.
The Clear is clear. Lustra Light Brown is formulated to duplicate Briwax Light Brown (P-7). Old Pine is formulated to duplicate Briwax Rustic Pine. Lustra Walnut is equal to Briwax Tudor Brown. Dark Brown is the same in both products. Lustra Cherry emulates the reddish Briwax Teak. Lustra Black is original to Lustra, and it is true black wax. In Briwax the match would be Ebony.
Lustra is a pigmented wax.
As such, none of the Lustra colors will change the color of an existing finish to the color of the Lustra below. Lustra will “tone” a finish in the direction of the Lustra color. This will vary on the porosity of the finish and substrate. With unsealed woods, the coloring affect can be more dramatic, particularly when the substrate is opened by sanding, as in the sample below.
Wood should be sanded with no finer than 150 grit sandpaper. The finer the sandpaper used, the less color you will achieve when using tinted LUSTRA.
Work Thoroughly into the Grain:
Apply a small amount of wax with steel wool or a soft cloth in direction of the wood grain. LUSTRA blends easily and won’t leave lap lines so you can proceed & stop as you like.
Buff to Desired Luster:
Allow to dry 2-5 minutes before buffing. Heat from friction is the secret to the rich luster of the LUSTRA finish. Use a clean. soft cloth; 100% cotton (T-shirts), 100% linen (dishcloths) or nylon pantyhose are all terrific buffing cloth choices.
Rejuvenate cabinets easily with LUSTRA. Clean away dark, sticky build-up, scratches & watermarks in one step. Apply appropriate color LUSTRA with #00 steel wool, let dry & buff with soft cloth.
For all surfaces, Unfinished and FINISHED.
*Always test in an inconspicuous place first. Work in small areas and apply LUSTRA sparingly with #0000 steel wool or soft cloth. Allow to dry 1-3 minutes & buff with a clean, soft cloth to desired luster.
LUSTRA can be used on wood floors for a beautiful luster that resists scratching & never yellows. Apply LUSTRA sparingly with a bristle brush, #000 steel wool or a soft cloth to small areas (24 sq.. inches) at a time. Buff with a clean, soft cloth or electric buffer to a rich sheen. Existing wax build-up or problem spots can be remedied with #0000 steel wool and LUSTRA. Eventual wear areas can then be easily filled in with a re-application of LUSTRA thus saving hundreds of dollars in refinishing costs.
*Use fine steel wool and clear LUSTRA. Work half of the spot rubbing with the grain. When spot begins to disappear, stop & buff with clean, soft cloth. Continue with other half of spot. 2-4 applications may be required.
DRIED & CRACKING FINISHES
*Be patient and save the original finish! Use LUSTRA in color close to piece being worked on. Work in small areas, 8-12 inches, using #0 or #00 steel wool working with the grain. Let dry 1-3 minutes & buff with a clean, soft cloth. Old finish and LUSTRA will blend bringing new life to the existing finish.
HELPFUL HINTS & TIPS
- STEEL WOOL IS YOUR “VACUUM CLEANER”, REPLACE WHEN DIRTY
- USE FINE STEEL WOOL OVER FINE FINISHES
- USE COARSER STEEL WOOL OVER ROUGH FINISHES
- OPEN TIN WITH CAUTION-PRODUCT LIQUIFIES AT 85
- LUSTRA WILL SAVE THE PATINA, REMOVE DIRT, WAX & STAINS WITHOUT HARMING YOUR ANTIQUES.
- NOURISHES & PROTECTS WOOD
- LUSTRA BRINGS OUT THE NATURAL GRAIN
- LUSTRA SEALS & PROTECTS WITH A HARD, LUSTROUS FINISH
- LUSTRA HIDES SCRATCHES & BLENDS WITH THE TINT OF FINISHED WOOD OR LEATHER
- LESS IS BEST! A LITTLE BIT OF WAX GOES A LONG WAY
- A WAX FINISH WILL NOT ATTRACT & TRAP DUST LIKE AN OIL FINISH DOES
- NYLON PANTYHOSE MAKE AN EXCELLENT BUFFING MATERIAL
- SANDING SEALERS WILL INCREASE GLOSS OF WAX FINISHES
- SCUFFS & SPOTS CAN BE EASILY CORRECTED WITH A SOFT CLOTH DAMPENED WITH LUSTRA
- MINERAL SPIRITS WILL REMOVE EXCESS WAX
- LUSTRA IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SURFACES THAT COME IN CONTACT WITH WATER
- LUSTRA-THE EUROPEAN WAX / RE-CONDITIONER ENABLES YOU TO RESTORE YOUR TREASURED ANTIQUES TO THEIR ORIGINAL BEAUTY
PRECAUTIONS & WARNINGS
- These precautions are most important to review and are applicable while Lustra is fresh in the tin and when the solvent is evaporating off during application. Once the solvent has flashed off, what is left behind are safe waxes.
- This material is flammable & may be ignited by heat, sparks, fire or static electricity. do not smoke while using.
- Avoid contact with eyes. if direct contact with eyes occurs, flush with clear water for at least 10 minutes and seek medical attention if irritation persists.
- Avoid inhaling vapors. Use in a well ventilated area, preferably with a fan and open window. Using a dual cartridge respirator makes a great deal of sense when applying in a confined area. This is true of all products of this nature. These are inexpensive and no proper home workshop should be without one.
- The solvent may dissolve plastic and Lustra may harm linoleum surfaces.
- Keep container tightly closed with metal lid. The plastic lid is for shipping protection and to secure the metal lid.
- Lustra is a very safe polish and finish, but has not been tested for food safety. Thus Lustra is not an edible finish and not suitable for food contact or for toys.
- Lustra will liquefy in warm weather. Use caution when liquefied. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to restore to its’ original paste state. Stirring is unnecessary. Quality & efficacy is unchanged.
TREAT YOUR ANTIQUES, FURNISHINGS AND WOODWORK TO THE FINEST !!!
1 866 343 3377
There are no reviews yet.